Monday, July 23, 2012

De regreso a la escuela: René tiene dos apellidos


You know Arthur, Franklin, Emily Elizabeth, and Gaby.  Now, it is time for you to get to know René!  He is such a lovable little boy and so relevant to our bilingual students.  As a follow up to his debut book (featured here on ITDL last week), René now faces the dilemma of losing one of his last names attending the US school.  I know my students can relate to this one!

The first René book is still my favorite of the two but this would be another great addition to the typical study about names at the beginning of the year.  I hope the author René will bring more books about his character to us in the future!  

2 comments:

  1. I just read it and absolutely loved it! I can't wait to use it this school year! Thanks again for sharing! Keep sharing POR FAVOR!
    Laura
    Mrs. Castro's Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it, Laura! I have several more to post so stay tuned every Monday until school starts for more recommendations!

      Delete

Join the conversation in English or español! You know you have something to say!